Personalised care for your digestive, bowel and liver health
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre treats individuals with digestive, bowel and liver problems. Our medical team is helmed by Dr Eric Wee, a Senior Consultant and Specialist in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
We aim to deliver quality and affordable care to our patients. Our comprehensive consultations and targeted treatments are highly personalised and tailored to the specific needs of the individual.
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre is equipped with the Carbon-13 Urea Breath Test (UBT) to test for H.pylori, and a FibroScan® 530 machine for the assessment of liver disease.
Our Carbon-13 UBT machine detects Helicobacter Pylori, a bacteria commonly associated with gastric pain, indigestion, bloating, ulcers and stomach cancer. Unlike the Carbon-14 UBT which is radioactive, our test is free of radiation and safe for children.
The Fibroscan® test is a painless procedure, which measures the amount of liver fibrosis (liver stiffness). Vital information obtained from this test, allows our specialist to decide on the most appropriate treatment. In addition, our machine is able to quantify the amount of liver fat using the Controlled Attenuation Parameter technology.
This assessment is useful in individuals with liver problems and is performed during the FibroScan® procedure at no additional cost.
We screen, diagnose and treat all Digestive, Liver and Bowel problems, including the following:
- Treatment of Liver Cirrhosis, Liver Fibrosis and Hepatitis
- Treatment of Liver conditions, including Viral Hepatitis (e.g. A, B, C) and Fatty liver
- Evaluation of Abnormal Liver Scans / Fatty liver / Abnormal Liver Function Test
- Evaluation of Abdominal Pain, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Change in Bowel Habit
- Management of Gallbladder, Bile Duct and Pancreas abnormalities (stones, cysts, pancreatitis)
- Treatment of Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Bloating, Burping and Helicobacter Pylori infection
- Evaluation of Abnormal Cancer Markers (CEA, AFP, CA19-9), Stool Occult Blood test and Stool FIT test
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and heartburn
- Stomach and Colon Cancer Screening
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Treatment of Bleeding Piles
We also offer screening endoscopy for Stomach Cancer, Barrett’s Oesophagus, Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia, Colorectal Cancer and Polyps. The following procedures are performed by our specialist:
- Colonoscopy with Polyp Removal
- Gastroscopy, Oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD)
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of Bile Duct Stones
- Small Intestine Endoscopy and Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of Gastrointestinal Cancers (oesophagus, stomach, pancreas and colon)
(Our endoscopic procedures can be paid using Medisave, if available.)
Adopting a healthy lifestyle and health screening are good ways to prevent illnesses and to stay fit. We offer several customizable health screening packages (Comprehensive, Digestive and Liver Health packages) at competitive rates.
Our Nobel Gastroenterology Centre medical team is helmed by Dr Eric Wee, a Specialist in Gastroenterology with sub-specialty in Advanced Endoscopy. In recognition of the quality of his patient care, he was awarded the National Excellence Service Award (Gold), NHG Quality Pillar Award and Alexandra Health Service Champion Awards.