Dr Saurabh Rastogi
Dr. Saurabh Rastogi is a Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Nobel Heart Centre (Gleneagles) with over 15 years of experience in Singapore and the US. He graduated from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India and then pursued his post-graduate training at the University of Texas Medical Branch and Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center, Texas, USA.
His subspecialty is in interventional cardiology for the treatment of coronary artery disease. He performs Coronary Angiography, Coronary Imaging and Physiological Assessment and Coronary Balloon Angioplasty and stenting Some of the other services provided are Treadmill Stress Test, Echocardiogram, Dobutamine and Exercise Stress Echocardiogram, Ambulatory Blood Pressure and Holter Monitoring. Dr Rastogi has special interest in Complex coronary Interventions and Advanced Heart Failure management.
During his time at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH), he received the Award for Quality Improvement Project to Optimise Door to Balloon treatment times for Heart Attack Patients. In addition, he received the Service Excellence Patient Satisfaction Award during his time at Harrison Medical Centre, Washington, USA.
““Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” is the basis of the decisions I make in the care of my patients. I believe in providing empathetic quality care that meets each patient’s unique needs and that adds years to life and life to years.””
Dr Rastogi practised at Harrison Medical Centre in greater Seattle area, USA, as a consultant in interventional cardiology and heart failure. He set up advanced heart failure disease management programme.
While at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH), Dr Rastogi was instrumental in streamlining the operations for timely care of heart attack patients for which he received the Award for Quality Improvement (Merit). He also established the non-invasive cardiac imaging and heart failure services.
Besides his clinical work, Dr Rastogi was the associate programme director for the National University Heart Centre, Singapore’s cardiology senior residency programme. He was also an adjunct assistant professor at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and a senior clinical lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. He has published in peer-reviewed journals, and is a regular invited speaker and faculty at international conferences.
Dr Rastogi is a fellow of several organisations including the American College of Cardiology (FACC), Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), and Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology. He is also a member of the Singapore Cardiac Society.
- Methodist De Bakey Heart and Vascular Centre and University of Texas Medical Branch Texas, USA, Chief Cardiology Fellow 2010-2011
- Harrison Medical Centre Washington USA Consultant Interventional Cardiologist 2012-2015
- Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH) Singapore 2015-2022.
Positions held at NTFGH:
- Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Associate Program Director of NUHS Cardiology Senior Residency Program
- Clinician Lead For Heart Failure Program, Cardiac Rehabilitation Service and Noninvasive Cardiac Diagnostic Lab
- Member of NTFGH Medical Device and Procedures committee
- Member of NTFGH Mortality and Morbidity, and Peer Learning Quality Assurance Committee
- NTFGH representative in the Singapore Cardiac Databank committee which oversees nationwide data on coronary angiography and angioplasty
- Visiting Consultant at National University Hospital (NUH)
- Member of Western Stem Network team housed at NUH to provide round the clock care for heart attack patients
Accepted Insurance Panels
- Great Eastern Life